We read recently about the problems a customer of a competing service has had allegedly because the competitor’s website didn’t ask the user to check the address they wanted the parcel to go to correctly and also defaulted to “Austria” if no country was selected (the complainant refutes this charge). That’s just plain daft!
If the list of available countries included Afghanistan, then the parcel could have ended up there and been a whole lot harder to return than Austria.
We expect that our order forms are easy and intuitive to use, however, we’ll give them another going over to try and minimise problems caused with incorrect information being added. But here are some tips to help us, or any courier company, to get your parcel to the right location:
- Have the address you want to send your parcel to written down and next to you throughout the whole process.
- Try not to be in a hurry when placing your order.
- Take your time.
- Read every word of the form and instructions closely
- Before you submit each part of the form, rescan it to double check the information – this includes the parcel dimensions, level of service, such as next day, to Europe; and of course, the address.
- Place your order after you’ve run through again in your head that you know where the parcel is going to and you’ve chosen the suitable level of service as its easier to change things before you’ve submitted your order.
- Check all the details on the confirmation email. We make things very easy to read. You’ll have all relevant information including the value of the goods, dimensions, the collection date, collection address, pickup point, the contents of the parcel, any additional notes for the courier, your contact information, the delivery address and the details of the recipient.
- If you’ve spotted us then feel free to drop as a line to change the order.
- Keep an eye on your order with the parcel tracking tools on our partners’ sites.
- Keep your cool if things go wrong. We and our partners work hard to make sure that your parcel gets to its destination, on time and in perfect condition. Occasionally things go wrong but we’ll work towards resolving any issues – it may take a bit of time to chase all concerned.
We hope that helps you make sure that your parcel gets to where it should get to.
Image © Zaido